Celebrate Independent Retail
What is Independent Retailer Month?
Independent Retailer Month is a global "Shop Local" campaign that runs throughout July. The campaign highlights the important role smaller, local, independent retailers play in the communities they serve, the local economy they contribute to, and in the retail sector as a whole.
Independent Retailer Month: Global Objectives
There are 3 objectives to global Independent Retailer Month:
- Impact! To benefit the independent retail sector globally with relevant support, expertise and insights
- Connect! To link consumers and communities to local retailers, reminding them of the benefits of shopping local
- Engage! To spread the word via small business organisations, associations, networks, and thought-leaders to demonstrate the importance of independent retail to the global, national and local economies.
Independent Retailer Month - UK Interpretation
Each of the countries supporting Global Independent Retailer Month have the opportunity to interpret the purpose of the campaign in a way that is most relevant to the Independent Retail sector in that country. In the UK the focus ofthe campaign is 3-fold:
- Encouraging consumers to shop local, to celebrate their favourite independent retailers, to remind themselves of the fantastic shops on their door-steps, and to vote with their feet if they really do want to save the high street!
- Encouraging independent retailers to create a buzz in July - to increase consumer engagement, footfall and sales. To let everyone know that they are celebrating Independent Retailer Month and that they are proud of the contribution their small business makes.
- Encouraging suppliers and all those who serve the independent retail sector to spread the word. To support the retailers in delivering in-store events and promotions, to add to the excitement, remembering that Independent Retailers are often a critical route to market for a wide range of product designers and producers.
For more information about how we can energise your local marketing strategy, call us on 01489 798354.